My first blog award is the Liebster Award and I want to thank Unnati for nominating me, also to Shaz who nominated me as well. I have merged both their questions to avoid writing two posts for one award and I hope nobody minds that, so here goes :
11 Facts About Me :
- My name is Advaita. It is pronounced as uh d-vahy-t.
- It also means unique, but I was named after the philosophy of non-duality.
- My mother named me after reading about it in a book written by Swami Vivekananda. He wrote as follows; This is the Advaita conclusion. “I am neither the body, nor the organs, nor am I the mind; I am Existence, Knowledge, and Bliss absolute; I am He.”
- My favourite cartoon while growing up was Swat Kats : The Radical Squadron.
- My favourite TV show is a tie between Seinfeld/Boston Legal.
- My favourite piece of Shakespeare writing is Julius Caesar Act III Scene 2, the Antony speech (Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears…….) for it is the most riveting, stirring piece of writing by the Bard. I still remember weeping and mourning for Caesar after having read it.
- My sun sign is Sagittarius.
- I love dark chocolate.
- I am a curious person and I tend to read, talk, learn and then discuss any subject.
- I like all animals and I love both cats & dogs. But, cats have loads of cat-titude. 😉
- I’m left handed.
Now the answers to 11 questions from Unnati :
(Visit her wonderful blog here at : https://storiesfrommydiary.wordpress.com/)
- Who are you ? ( In one sentence only)
A) I am not a hero, I’m a Dark Knight.
- If you could start over, what would you change?
A) I wouldn’t change anything except maybe learn a musical instrument from childhood.
- What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
A) That I am not such a nice guy when you hurt my friends and family.
- If given a chance to be invisible, what would you do ?
A) I would roam around naked, why wear clothes ! Hahaha 😛
- What is happiness for you ?
A) Happiness for me is the ability to make someone else smile.
- Your inspiration and why so ?
A) My inspiration is love. Because love gives hope, hope gives us faith and faith gives us the reason to live, explore and most importantly, teaches us to believe.
- Your favourite song ?
A) Michael Jackson’s Heal the World / Kal Ho Naa Ho sung by Sonu Nigam
- If given a chance to go on a date with a celebrity, who would that be ?
A) Definitely a tie between Priyanka Chopra & Shahrukh Khan. 😛
- Are you happy with your life ?
A) I’ve learnt that one can never be happy with their life, for life itself is the eternal search for happiness.
- What is the biggest achievement of your life till now ?
A) I believe that the biggest is yet to be achieved.
- Who came first, the egg or the chicken ? Explain the reason.
A) I think it was the egg. A chicken could not have evolved in a single lifetime. Hence the first egg was not that of a chicken but some other species, which due to mutation emerged as a new species called chicken. So egg first, chicken later. 😛
Now the answers to 11 questions from Shaz :
(Visit her wonderful blog here at : https://surescribbles.wordpress.com/)
1) What is your overall life goal?
A) Goal of life is to transcend this material existence.
2) If you have a really bad day, what’s the one thing that can brighten it up?
A) Watching a movie, reading a comic book and talking to friends. Anyone will suffice.
3) When did you catch the travel bug, if you love travelling?
A) When I started driving, I realised that I loved driving and travelling.
4) What’s the one thing you cannot travel without?
A) A pair of good earphones.
5) What’s the worst thing that has ever happened to you on a trip?
A) I had my spectacles stolen! Who steals spectacles ? Damn.
6) Do you have a memorable (cultural) experience?
A) No. But, I am looking forward to experience that !
7) Have you been somewhere that turned out to be completely different to what you imagined?
A) Yes. I did not expect Dubai to be so much like home (Mumbai).
8) Is there something you do (routine etc.) when away from home that you wouldn’t do otherwise?
A) Yes. I take shorter showers ! Hahaha 😛
9) Which comforts of home do you miss most when on the road?
A) The comfort of eating home cooked food.
10) If you could do anything to make this world a bit better, what would it be?
A) The only thing I would like to do is find a way, to teach people to look beyond their ego and find a way to appreciate one another, to embrace the humanity within.
11) Shaz skipped asking a question (No.7) So there are only ten. Whoopsie ! 😛
*Edit* : Samridhi nominated me back so here are answers to her 11 questions :
(Visit her wonderful blog here at : https://samara3010.wordpress.com/)
- Who are the fellow bloggers you like the most? (reason should be specified )
Being new to wordpress and the blogosphere, I am still discovering bloggers out here. There are so many, but I will share the few names I have come across from the start and liked reading their blogs.
- Emily Clapper @poetgirlem : She is a blogger with multiple talents. She is a wife, a mother, a singer, a jazz pianist, also plays the harmonium, she is a yoga instructor, personal trainer, but most importantly she is a honest poet ! I love her blog because her poetry is honest, straight from the heart and she writes about almost everything. She is certainly one of the most inspiring people on my list.
- Nisha @cleveridiotblog : She has such a wonderful blog and she too writes the most honest posts based on her observations. She is like a female Jerry Seinfeld, funny with very accurate observational skills who can write excellent articles and she is a wonderful poet too!
- Monica @lookaround @time2photograph : This girl writes fantastic poetry like her grandfather Ashi Akira. Plus she takes these lovely pictures with her camera and also writes these wonderful posts. This Romanian beauty is quite talented, trust me!
- Unnati @storiesfrommydiary : This 20 year old girl writes such wonderful poetry & stories, I’m very impressed by her skills and maturity given her age.
- Tanushree @fusionbeats : This young girl too writes such wonderful poetry, I just love to read her poems.
- Aditi @kalakaari : This girl is so talented ! Writing, arts & crafts, sketching, fashion and singing too ! She is someone I refuse to believe is real, what girl is this nice and also gives great advice on quora for free? I think she is a bot or a software program! 😛
- Would you agree to be an illuminati for fame and money?
Probably would. But then I’d take over from the inside and dissolve their organisation. I’m evil……(immediately followed by sinister laughter)…… bwahahahahahahahaha 😛
- If you were a superhero which one would you be and what would you do with those super powers?
I would be Wolverine. And I would go around killing people just like him. It would be fun to unleash the inner beast.
- If you had to choose between being heartbroken and having multiple fractures which one would it be ?
Definitely heartbroken, because I could still get into that Porsche and drive around the world to forget the sorrow.
- “Love can happen twice “, yes or no ? ( do write reasons as to why yes or why no)
Love can happen many times. But never the same love twice.
- What is your first reaction at the sight of a rat/ lizard ?
Probably be taken aback. Scream like a little girl till the rat or lizard runs away scared by the high pitched noises from my vocal chords. 😛
- If you had to choose between being Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak and between Elon Musk and Warren Buffett which one would you be?
I would be Steve Wozniak, because I like to work on computers. And I would be Warren Buffet, because everyone comes to me for advice.
- One word that describes you , one sentence that defines you ?
One word: Smart. One sentence: You can call me Sherlock.
- The book that changed how you see things ( the thought provoking one )?
One book would be The Alchemist. It changed how I saw many things.
- The movie you will watch over and over again and not get bored ?
Hindi movie would be Andaz Apna Apna. English would be Tropic Thunder.
- Your favourite artist, poet and writer?
Artist is Michelangelo. Poet is Tagore. Writer is Shakespeare.
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award, in case you don’t know what to do
(I didn’t know them myself)
1) Thank the blog who nominated you and link back to them.
2) Make a blog post telling 11 facts about you,
3) Answer the 11 questions from the blog who nominated you, and
4) Prepare 11 questions for those you will nominate.
5) Nominate 11 new bloggers (those who have less than 200 followers) by commenting in one of their blog posts.
My Questions for those of you I have nominated are as follows :
- Do you believe in God ?
- One thing that you find most fascinating ?
- What is your favourite colour ?
- What is life according to you ?
- How would you define yourself in one word ?
- What do you feel can change this world ?
- How do you define Love ?
- Which is your favourite book ?
- What is your favourite holiday destination ?
- When do you get the most writing done, day or night ?
- Which is your favourite quote ?
Thank you for reading, nominating and accepting my nominations !
– Cheers, Advaita Inamdar